Call for proposals: can you help us tell the biggest story yet to be told? (UK)
The biggest story yet to be told – how we transform our economies
- If advertisers were selling a more sustainable future to the mass public, how might they do it?
- If film-makers, musicians, poets, and journalists were tasked with making a sustainable and just economy resonate with their audiences, how might they tell that story?
- How can the vision of a new economy that protects people and restores the planet start to feel real, relevant and desirable to the average citizen?
Social and environmental crises have already started to take hold around the world. Yet there seems to be no public narrative that explains how we can fix our predicament. We lack a story of solutions. Two global networks working on economic transformation – the Green Economy Coalition and the Wellbeing Economy Alliance (WEAll) – have come together to build that new narrative. We and our partners recognise that before change can happen, we need a convincing and credible story of change.
Our ambition is to tell the story of transition to a better economy, a better environment, and a better future for everyone. We want to convene some of the best communicators out there and inspire them to tell this story: the biggest story yet to be told.
By “communicators”, we mean everyone from the commercial space (marketing, advertising, social media, public relations professionals), to the cultural space (film makers, script-writers, musicians, artists), to the media (journalists, bloggers, writers, photographers), and beyond.
Although both the Green Economy Coalition and WEAll are global in scope, we plan to first pilot an approach in the UK (more on that within the Terms of Reference). Defining key messages and audiences will be a key first step.
We know that our mission is bold and will take time and resources. But existing narratives are failing to inspire sufficient action, and time is short. We have some initial seed funding to kick-start our approach, and we will leverage further contributions from funders and industry as we get underway.
That’s where you come in.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an exceptional person or organisation, based in the UK, to help us get this mission underway. You will know the media / marketing / comms world intimately, and are happy to draw on those contacts. You are:
- Well connected in the ad / marketing / cultural space;
- Skilled in developing compelling briefs that would appeal to comms professionals, businesses and industries;
- Confident and experienced in convening and leading collaborative working sessions;
- A bold and imaginative thinker able to take this idea as far as it can go;
- Experienced in identifying the right audiences and executing delivery of campaigns.